HOMEFAB DIY CONSTRUCTION SYSTEM
The ease of construction associated with the building of Homefab’s steel framed homes, has led remote Councils to undertake the construction using Community labour with minimal engagement from outside contractors.
The priopratory Home-Fab DIY Construction System significant benefit to remote community members:
- Creating new jobs and career pathways as construction workers
- Providing new skills and self esteem
- Community cost savings.
Steel framed homes have the qualities and design flexibility to meet the harsh weather and environmental conditions facing remote and regional areas.
Our products are:
- naturally termite and fire resistant
- mold and fungus resistant
- designed and tested to meet cyclone specifications
- flexible in design to cater for floods or other risks
- low maintenance
- not susceptible to expanding and contracting thus avoiding movement
With over 28 years working in the Far North we have an understanding of the Government’s requirements for the Design and Construction Standards for Remote Indigenous Housing, and can initiate the design concepts to meet the various council’s needs.