BPB Mareeba Pty Ltd (ACN 603 460 395, Trading as Homefab) supplies and sells steel frame products to the public and provides various other building related services through third parties.
As part of offering these services, Homefab may collect, use or disclose certain personal information.
Collection of information
Personal information means any information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether that information is true or not and whether it is recorded in a material form or not.
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that includes information about your race or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation.
We generally do not ask for sensitive information, but may do so where it is reasonably necessary for our functions and activities and permitted or required by law. Generally we will only collect sensitive information where you have consented to our collecting that information, including where you voluntarily submit such information to us.
What personal Information we collect and hold
The personal information we collect about you will depend on the nature of our relationship with you and specific services or products you request us to provide. Depending on the specific situation we may collect:
- your name, address, email, phone number(s) and emergency contact details;
- photographs, film and/or audio recordings of you where you attend an Homefab affiliated event or attend our premises;
- your interests, opinions about our brands and services, or other information relevant to promotions and activities that Homefab runs and to your engagement with Homefab, such as information contained in competition entries, job applications;
- complaints and inquiries.
If you enter into a contract, agreement or credit agreement with us to provide services or products we may additionally collect:
- your signature;
- your drivers license details or other acceptable details for the purpose of verification of your identity;
- Credit application references when you apply for credit
If you apply for employment with us we may also collect your:
- your signature;
- date of birth;
- emergency contact details;
- Financial details relevant to fulling financial and legislative obligations;
- Tax file number;
- Details about previous training performed
The collection of sensitive information will only occur with your explicit consent and where possible will be optional, however, not providing this information may prevent us supplying certain products or services to you.
Why we collect personal information
Generally we collect your personal information to provide you with products or services and to manage our relationship with you.
Where lawful and practical, you may deal with us anonymously or use a pseudonym. However in some instances, because of the products and services we provide, if you do not provide us with your personal information we may be unable to provide you with the requested product or service (for example, if we require your details for a legally binding contract).
How we collect Personal Information
We collect personal information directly from you when you interact with us, for example when:
- you submit an entry into a competition or trade promotion;
- you send us an email, contact us through any of our websites, or post on any of our websites (including any of our social media pages);
- you request a quote for a product or service;
- you enter into a legally binding agreement with us;
- you purchase products or services from us;
- you sign for or accept a delivery from us;
- you download one of our mobile Apps or stream our products from a website or via a mobile App;
- you apply for employment with us;
- you call us; or
- you attend an event or activity that we organize, sponsor, or are otherwise affiliated with.
We also have CCTV cameras operating on our premises to ensure a secure and safe working environment for our staff and customers that may record your image, voice or other details about you while you are on the premises.
In some circumstances we may obtain personal information about you from third parties such as:
- from marketing databases or other sources that are publicly available such as websites, journals, legal directories and phone books;
- from friends or relatives who have provided us with your details as part of a promotion, competition or event, including where they have nominated you as an emergency contact;
- being referred to us by another party, eg, your details are sent to us by a builder for a quote;
- from referees or previous employers where you have applied for a job with Homefab.
Cookies themselves do not identify users personally but they do allow the tracking of an individual’s use of a website.
- Cookies are generated via use of the website and anonymous data about what pages you visit in collected.
- When contacting us via the contact page, we may collect a name, email address and phone number to help us communicate with you.
- Data collected via cookies is used for marketing and research purposes only.
- The data collected through the contact page is only used for marketing and internal business use and is not sold, shared or disclosed to anyone outside Homefab.
- This data IS NOT linked to any other information, in particular, it is not, and cannot, be linked to any information you submit via the contact page.
Use and Disclosure
How we use your personal information will depend on the nature of our relationship with you. We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with our products or services;
- to manage our relationship with you;
- to administer online and App based services and products and to monitor your activity on these services and products;
- to facilitate the administration of, and your participation in, a trade promotion, competition or other activity;
- to facilitate the administration of a quote, tender or contract,
- to monitor your purchase history and our relationship with you;
- to identify and inform you about other products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to market, improve and add to our products and services, including our website.
Direct marketing opt out
If you no longer wish to receive marketing or other communications from us, please contact us on the details below so that we can update your preferences, or follow the instructions in these communications on how to unsubscribe.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our related bodies corporate;
- third parties engaged by us to provide functions on our behalf (such as storing and managing databases, processing credit card information, mailouts, debt collection, marketing research and advertising);
- third parties to whom you authorize us to disclose your personal information;
- our sponsors and promotions partners where you have expressly consented (“opted in”) to being contacted by them;
- regulators and government agencies, such as the Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB) or the Australian Tax Office;
- any agency or organization we are required to by law or court order
We may also disclose certain details where required for a third party to provide us with a product or service related to you . This includes (but is not limited to) :
- window/door manufacturers;
- construction or design drawing companies;
- other product manufacturers;
- any other businesses that provides products or services that you request.
To protect your privacy, and wherever practical, we impose contractual requirements of security and confidentiality on third parties as to how they handle personal information that we disclose to them.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date.
If you believe the data we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, please contact us on the details below so your records can be updated.
We store your information in a number of secure computer storage facilities, paper based files and in other records. We may also use third party storage providers to assist in storage or processing of certain types of personal information.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the information is protected from misuse, interference, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Access and correction
Please contact us on the details below if you wish access to or to correct any personal information we may hold about you.
Unless an exception or exemption allowed by the APP applies, we will generally provide access to your details. Refusal will depend on the circumstances of the request, for example, if your request unreasonably impacts on the privacy of others.
We may charge a fee for giving access to personal information which reflects our costs of providing access.
If your request is refused, we will provide you with written notification of our reasons. If your request was for correction and it is refused, you may request that we include a record of your request and statement that the information we hold is inaccurate.
More information and complaints
If you want to know more about how Homefab handles your personal information, or if you are concerned that we may have breached your privacy and wish to make a complaint, please contact us on the details below.
We take any complaint seriously and aim to resolve all complaints in a timely manner.
We expect our procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if you are unsatisfied with our response, you can make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) by calling 1300 363 992 or visiting the OAIC website at www.oaic.gov.au.
The Privacy Officer
P O Box 665, Mareeba, QLD, 4880
Phone: (07) 4092 2369
From time to time this policy may be reviewed to ensure it accurately reflects our practices and procedures.We will notify your of any changes by posting an amended version on our website and changes will take effect from the date of posting.